STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES
Click here to read Floyd County’s Standard Operating Procedures regarding the rescuing of animals by rescue groups.
All information stated below must be provided to and approved by Floyd County Animal Control before any rescue can take place. Our procedures are in place in order to protect the integrity of our department and your rescue group. It is our goal to ensure the safety and well-being of our animals.
- Must obtain license with the Georgia Department of Agriculture
• Click here for more information on the GDA and its procedures.
- Must be approved by Floyd County Animal Control (also known as PAWS):
• Fill out and submit the Animal Shelter Agent Agreement .
- Each foster home must be listed on the Agency Transfer Authorization Document.
- All forms should be submitted to Floyd County Animal Control using one of the following options:
• Fax to (706) 233-0032 with heading “Public Animal Welfare Services (P.A.W.S.), ATTN: Rescue Group Application
• Mail to PO Box 946, Rome, GA 30161-0946.
• NOTE: Please allow at least ten (10) business days for P.A.W.S. to approve or deny your rescue request.
- All forms must be supplied to both the Georgia Department of Agriculture and the releasing shelter, in this case, Public Animal Welfare Services (P.A.W.S.).
- All forms must be kept updated and both the GDA and P.A.W.S. must be notified of all changes.