Rome Transit Department
On October 1, 1961, Rome established a department with the City of Rome to take over the bus operations from the Georgia Power Company. The Georgia Power Company gave the City or Rome all of its buses, plus any spare parts and equipment that they had on hand. Additionally, Georgia Power paid the City of Rome $300,000. The City of Rome agreed to use the money specifically for the transportation system.
Today, the City of Rome Transit Department provides Public Transportation within the City limits of Rome, Georgia. The services that we provide are Fixed Route Services, which include Main Line and Tripper Services, and Para-Transit Services. We operate Monday through Friday, and we do not operate on the weekends.
- Fixed Route Main Line & Tripper Services - Provides services from 5:40 AM to 6:30 PM on a one hour headway
- Tripper Services- Operate during AM & PM Peak hours, and is open door to the public allowing connectivity to our Fixed Route Main Line System
- Para-Transit Service - This is a Curb to Curb service for the Disabled and Elderly. This service requires submission of a Para-Transit application and approval. Applications may also be picked up at the City of Rome Transit Department Administrative Office. This service operates up to 3/4 of a mile of our Fixed Route Services with the same operating hours as listed above.
Tripper Web Application
The Tripper Web Application displays routes, stop times, schools, and school districts. It is accessible from your desktop, laptop, tablet, or smart phone. The following links allow you to access the application, watch a video tutorial, and download the application to a smart device by scanning a QR code.
Click the bus icon below to access the Tripper Web Application.
Watch the Tripper Web Application video tutorial.
The video turotial may also be downloaded by clicking here.
Download the Tripper Web Application to your smart device home screen by scanning the QR code below.
- Scan the code below with your camera.
- Select the option that appears on your screen (Open "qrs.ly").
- Select the "Airdrop" icon.
- Scroll to "Add to home screen" and select.
Regular Full Fare $ 1.25
Senior & Disabled Fare $ .60
Students/Tripper Fare $ .60
Children Under 5 FREE
(Must be accompanied by
a paying adult)
50-Ride Card $ 107.50
10-Ride Card $ 22.00
Fare Cards for Fixed Route Services
50-Ride Regular Fare Card $ 45.00
10-Ride Regular Fare Card $ 9.00
50-Ride Senior - Disabled Card $ 22.50
10-Ride Senior - Disabled Card $ 4.50
*Exact Change Only
Kathy Shealy , Director
Phyllis Lee, Assistant Transit Director
168 North Avenue
PO Box 1433
Rome, GA 30162