Job: ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK
|Job Type||Rome Finance|
|Salary||$16.82 - $18.50/hour|
|Government||City of Rome|
This Position is Open Until Filled.
This position is responsible for performing clerical and bookkeeping tasks for processing invoices for payment and preparing check requests on a weekly basis.
• High School diploma or GED equivalent with a minimum of three years of combined secretarial, clerical, and record keeping experience. (Associate’s Degree preferred)
• Must be able to handle a constant high-volume workload.
• Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position usually associated with the completion of one to three years of accounts payable or general accounting experience.
• Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Word and Excel, Outlook, and Internet. MUNIS knowledge preferred.)
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to deal effectively with customers and situations.
• Must be detailed oriented, a multi-tasker, and problem solver. Must also be able to work from a priority list and be able to meet deadlines.
• Must already possess or obtain National Incident Management Systems (NIMS) 100 and 700 within three (3) months of employment.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license from state of residency.