Job: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - DISPATCHER
|Job Type||Rome Transit Department|
|Salary||$12.69 - $13.92/hour|
|Government||City of Rome|
The work of this position involves responding to telephone inquiries from the public concerning department services, providing dispatching support of two-way radio call dispatching radio calls and utilizing Route Match Scheduling Software to dispatch calls, complete monthly purchase order listings and performing various responsible administrative and clerical duties.
• High School diploma or GED equivalent (Associate's Degree preferred) with a minimum of two years combined secretarial, clerical, computer or dispatch experience.
• Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, Outlook, Internet; Tyler/MUNIS Operating Systems helpful).
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (verbally and in writing) and ability to deal effectively with a diverse group of people and situations.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license from state of residency.
• Must already possess or obtain National Incident Management Systems (NIMS) 100 and 700 within three (3) months of employment.