Job: AIRPORT SERVICE WORKER (PART TIME)
|Job Type||Richard B. Russell Regional Airport|
The purpose of this classification is to perform manual/general work functions associated with servicing aircraft and maintaining airport facilities.
• Provides information and assistance to pilots, passengers, the general public, and other individuals using airport; provides directions to/from airport; provides landing instructions and weather information to pilots; assists pilots with emergency situations; assists in arranging food/beverages or accommodations for pilots; transports pilots/passengers to local destinations, etc.
• Refuels aircraft; reloads fuel trucks from fuel farm; directs/parks/secures aircraft; manually tows aircraft; removes debris from runways, taxiways and parking areas; replaces/repairs runway lights; replaces/repairs wind socks; repairs fuel trucks and fuel farm; issues notice to airman; patrols grounds and reports suspicious activity, etc.
• Inspects equipment; checks fluid levels; replaces fluids; changes fuel filters; tests fuel for contaminants; greases equipment; washes/cleans equipment; inspects fire extinguishers, etc.; monitors equipment operations to maintain efficiency and safety; reports faulty equipment.
• Cleans terminal buildings; restocks vending machines, coffee machines, and ice machines.
• Unlocks/secures buildings
• Mows and maintains airport grounds and buildings.
High school diploma or G.E.D. and one (1) year of experience in general aircraft maintenance or a related field. Candidates may qualify with any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license.