Job: ASSISTANT PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR
|Job Type||Public Works Division|
|Salary||Recruiting: $65,000 - $71,500/year|
|Government||City of Rome|
Under the direction of the Director of Public Works, the position performs a variety of professional administrative and managerial duties in assisting the Public Works Director. The assistant public works director will have managerial duties and responsibilities within all areas of the public works division. This position serves as acting Public Works Director in the absence of the Director. This position serves as acting Public Works Director in the absence of the Director.
· Baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the Public Works field.
· Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the diverse objectives and functions of the sub-units in the division/department in order to direct and coordinate work within the division/department, usually interpreted to require 3-5 years of related experience.
· Must have computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.)
· Must already possess or able to obtain National Incident Management Systems (NIMS) 100, 200, and 700 certifications within three (3) months of employment.
· Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license from the state of residency.