Job: Athletic Official
|Job Type||Rome Floyd Parks and Recreation Authority|
|Salary||$18.00 - $25.00|
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to officiate youth sport activities, maintain records, time sheets and incident reports; respond to public inquiries regarding baseball and other programs and enforce the Parks & Recreation Department rules and regulations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: • Reports game results to the Sports Coordinator.
• Officiates at sporting events, to ensure that games rules are observed.
• Provides a safe environment for participants and spectators.
• Responds to emergencies and attends required staff meetings as needed.
• Reports unsafe situations or conditions to the Sports Coordinator.
• Provides customer service for recreation program participants.
• Reports necessary documents associated with incidents or unusual situations which arise during the program to the Sports Coordinator.
• Enforces Parks and Recreation Departments rules and regulations.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum age requirement 18 and must have knowledge of the rules of baseball, softball, basketball or football.