|Job Type||Rome Purchasing|
|Salary||$14.42 - $15.86|
|Government||City of Rome|
This position is responsible for processing requisitions, placing orders, soliciting quotes and acquiring equipment and materials within city codes and other published guidelines.
• Graduation from an accredited two-year college with a degree commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, with a minimum of two (2) years specialized experience purchasing or related field; (Bachelor’s Degree preferred and Municipal experience preferred).
• Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Word and Excel, Outlook, and Internet.)
• Excellent customer service, organizational, and communication (verbally and in writing) skills.
• Professional level of confidentiality in handling sensitive information.
• Must be detailed oriented, a multi-tasker, and problem solver. Must also be able to work from a priority list and be able to meet deadlines.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license from the state of residency.
• Must obtain or be able to obtain the National Incident Management Systems (NIMS) 100 and 700 within three (3) months of employment.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) designation as required.