Job: CARPENTER /DETAIL OFFICER
|Job Type||Floyd County Public Works|
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this classification is to perform skilled work functions associated with woodworking and with the construction and repair of County bridges and road infrastructure.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: • Supervises a work crew of inmates assigned to construction work detail.
• Monitors inmate activities to ensure security and instructs inmates on proper work techniques.
• Monitors status of work in progress; inspects completed work.
• Performs general maintenance tasks necessary to keep tools and equipment in good working condition; reports faulty equipment for repair.
• Maintains inventory for departmental equipment, tools, and supplies; initiates requests for new or replacement materials; purchases/obtains parts, supplies, and materials, as needed.
• Obtains bids for materials; provides cost estimates for construction/carpentry work, materials and supplies associated with projects.
• Reads and interprets blueprints, diagrams, and architectural drawings.
• Responds to routine requests for information or assistance from members of the staff, the public or other individuals. Constructs concrete forms, lay out, installs miscellaneous items to be embedded in concrete and pours and finishes concrete.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or G.E.D. and two years of experience in carpentry and general construction, or a related field; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia Driver’s License. Must possess and maintain a valid Correctional Officer Certification.
BENEFITS: Health/Major Medical, Retirement, Paid Sick,
Dental, Paid Holidays, Incentive Pay, Longevity Pay,
Long Term Disability, Paid Vacation-Annually & Wellness