Job: CERTIFED & NON-CERTIFED CORRECTIONAL OFFICER
|Job Type||Floyd County Prison|
|Salary||$14.94 - $16.46|
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for maintaining the safety, security, control, and welfare of persons incarcerated in the Floyd County Prison.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: • Supervises and controls inmates within institution.
• Maintains security of institution and grounds, including observing and searching for contraband.
• Supervises inmate activities and movements.
• Assists in dispensing medication to inmates.
• Settles disputes between inmates.
• Assists in counts.
• Checks doors for security; visually inspects for unusual, illegal, or unsafe activity and emergencies; conducts shakedowns to seize contraband material and weapons.
• Assists in processing inmates in and out.
• Directs work of trustees; operates lock systems.
• Monitors inmates movement within the institution.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or G.E.D. and no previous experience required. No felony convictions or misdemeanors to establish a pattern of disregard for the law. Must be fingerprinted and a search made of local, State and National files to disclose any criminal records. Ability to be (P.O.S.T.) certified within six (6) to twelve (12) months after hire. Will be required to attend five (5) weeks of training at Georgia Department of Corrections Training Center at Tift College. Must possess a valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s License.
BENEFITS: Health/Major Medical, Retirement, Paid Sick,
Dental, Paid Holidays, Incentive Pay, Longevity Pay,
Long Term Disability, Paid Vacation-Annually & Wellness