Job: CORRECTIONAL LIEUTENANT
|Job Type||Floyd County Prison|
|Salary||$18.78 - $20.69|
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this classification is to perform administrative, security, and general work functions associated with providing and maintaining security, safety, care, and control of inmates, detention facility, and facility equipment, supervising inmates in the correctional institution, and overseeing assigned personnel.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: • Supervises, directs, and evaluates assigned staff; processing employee concerns and problems, directing work, counseling, disciplining, and completing employee performance appraisals.
• Enforces all detention facility rules and regulations; maintains inmate discipline; maintains a secure and peaceful environment in the correctional institution.
• Develops work schedules to ensure adequate coverage; creates, submits and distributes work schedules and assignments; approves leave time and reviews usage.
• Maintains security and control of inmate population; observes, monitors, and controls all inmate activities inside the facility on a continual basis; takes counts of inmates as required; reports unusual observations to superiors.
• Monitors security of prison facility; reviews and supervises all tool, key, and chemical control at the facility; reviews and forwards weapons and contraband reports.
• Conducts internal investigations; investigates employee rule violations, misconduct, inmate complaints and charges, use of force, etc.; reports findings to supervisor.
• Monitors inmate drug use; administers random drug screening; documents results; submits results to Deputy Warden.
• Prepares, receives, reviews, approves a variety of forms, requests, data sheets, logs, reports incident and disciplinary.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or G.E.D. and (3) years of progressively responsible supervisory experience in law enforcement and administration, preferably in a correctional facility; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. Must possess and maintain certification as a Peace Officer Standards and Training Basic Correctional Officer and Peace Officer. Must possess and maintain certifications in first aid and CPR. Preference will be given to applicants with IT and instructor certifications/experience.
BENEFITS: Health/Major Medical, Retirement, Paid Sick,
Dental, Paid Holidays, Incentive Pay, Longevity Pay,
Long Term Disability, Paid Vacation-Annually & Wellness