Job: CORRECTIONS OFFICER
|Job Type||Floyd County Prison|
The purpose of this classification is to maintain the safety, security, control, and welfare of persons incarcerated in the Floyd County Prison.
• Supervises and controls inmates within institution.
• Maintains security of institution and grounds, including observing and searching for contraband.
• Supervises inmate activities and movements.
• Assists in dispensing medication to inmates.
• Settles disputes between inmates.
• Assists in inmate counts.
• Checks doors for security; inspects for unusual, illegal, or unsafe activity and emergencies; conducts shakedowns to seize contraband material and weapons.
• Assists in processing inmates in and out.
• Directs work of trustees; operates lock systems.
• Monitors inmates movement within the institution.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. No felony convictions or misdemeanors to establish a pattern of disregard for the law. Must be fingerprinted and a search made of local, state and national files to disclose any criminal records. Ability to be Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.) certified within twelve (12) months of hire. Will be required to attend five (5) weeks of training at Georgia Department of Corrections Training Center at Tift College. Must possess a valid driver's license.
Long Term Disability
Incentive Pay & Longevity Pay
Free Wellness Clinic