|Job Type||Facilities Management|
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this classification is to perform general janitorial and light maintenance work in the care of County buildings, grounds, and surrounding areas.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: • Vacuums, sweeps, mops, scrubs, waxes, and/or shampoos carpet or floor surfaces located in hallways, stairs, offices, restrooms, kitchens/break rooms, lounges, jail cells, public rooms, elevators, storage rooms, and other areas; performs spot cleaning as needed.
• Cleans, dusts, and polishes furniture, equipment, artwork, fixtures, surfaces, walls, wood paneling, window sills, trim, doors, cabinets, vents, or other surfaces; cleans office equipment, tables, and telephones.
• Cleans, deodorizes, and disinfects bathrooms, cleans mirrors and showers, replenishes soap products and paper products.
• Cleans and disinfects public telephones, water fountains, or other public facilities. Washes/cleans glass doors, windows, and blinds.
• Operates/utilizes various equipment, tools, and supplies which may include a vacuum cleaner, carpet cleaner, buffing machine, floor scrubber, water extractor, mop, broom, cleaning supplies, hand tools, or mechanic tools.
• Performs basic maintenance tasks necessary to keep machinery, equipment, and tools in operable condition; monitors equipment operations to maintain efficiency and safety, reports faulty equipment.
• Prepares or completes various forms, reports, correspondence, or other documents.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or G.E.D. and supplemented by (1) one year in cleaning and building maintenance, or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
BENEFITS: Health/Major Medical, Retirement, Paid Sick,
Dental, Paid Holidays, Incentive Pay, Longevity Pay,
Long Term Disability, Paid Vacation-Annually & Wellness