Job: DEPUTY CLERK II
|Job Type||Clerk of Superior Court|
The purpose of this classification is to perform advanced clerical work functions associated with processing/maintaining information, documentation, and records and responding to requests for information related to the office of the Clerk of Superior Court.
• Processes/records property deeds, liens, and financial statements.
• Records, stamps, and files court orders, court transcripts, or other legal documentation; signs and seals subpoenas. Processes and enters new cases into computer.
• Prepares documentation pertaining to adoptions and hearings; attends adoptions and records court minutes; responds to routine questions, complaints or requests.
• Receives monies in payment of fines, filing fees, taxes, copies, and other departmental fees/services; records transactions; balances cash and forwards revenues.
• Performs tasks related to financial balancing; balances checking account; posts and balances ledgers.
• Prepares billing statements to collect fees from attorneys, banks, IRS, city/county agencies, or other entities.
• Maintains funds for jury accounts; coordinates jury activities; coordinates jury selection; maintains records of jury service and expenses; prepares jury summonses, jury listings, maintains jury master file.
• Attends court for jury trials, non-jury trials, and arraignments; prepares juror listings; administers oaths to jurors and witnesses.
• Packages files of closed cases and forwards to records retention center; requests records from retention center as needed.
• Answers the telephone; provides assistance; takes, returns, relays messages and/or directs calls to appropriate personnel.
High School Diploma or GED and one year of experience in a Deputy Clerk position, or a related field; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
Long Term Disability
Incentive Pay & Longevity Pay
Free Wellness Clinic