Job: DETAIL OFFICER
|Job Type||Rome/Floyd Recycling|
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this job is to perform security/manual work functions associated with conducting Recycling Center operations and overseeing the safety and security of inmates assigned to Recycling Center work detail.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: • Supervises, directs and guards inmates on assigned work details.
• Monitors activities and behavior of inmates on a continual basis.
• Maintains inmate discipline; enforces established correctional facility rules and regulations; assists in restraining violent/unruly inmates; conducts head-counts of inmates; searches inmates, buildings, vehicles, and grounds to locate/remove contraband or weapons.
• Supervises inmates/employees on an assigned work crew performing tasks involving recycling center operations; instructs inmates on proper work techniques; monitors status of work in progress; inspects completed work; releases inmates back to correctional facility upon completion of work detail.
• Evaluates safety and security of work area; monitors work safety factors to ensure crew safety.
• Monitors all incoming materials to prevent acceptance of non-recyclable materials. Coordinates shipment of processed materials to recycling vendors.
• Operates a variety of equipment, machinery and tools used in recycling center operations.
• Maintains inventory of departmental supplies, tools and equipment.
• Disburses payment to customers as needed; maintains records. Transports inmates to/from work sites.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or G.E. D. and two years experience in recycling operations or a related field. Must be able to obtain a Georgia Peace Officers Standards and Training POST Certification. Must be able to obtain a valid Georgia Commercial Drivers License.
Benefits: Health/Major Medical, Retirement, Paid Sick,
Dental, Paid Holidays, Incentive Pay,Longevity Pay,
Long Term Disability, Paid Vacation-Annually & Wellness