Job: DETAIL OFFICER, RECYCLE
|Job Type||Rome-Floyd Recycling Center|
The purpose of this classification is to perform security/manual work functions associated with conducting Recycling Center operations and overseeing the safety and security of inmates assigned to Recycling Center work detail.
• Supervises, directs and guards inmates on assigned work details.
• Maintains inmate discipline; enforces established correctional facility rules and regulations; assists in restraining violent/unruly inmates; conducts head-counts of inmates; searches inmates, buildings, vehicles, and grounds to locate/remove contraband or weapons.
• Supervises inmates/employees on an assigned work crew performing tasks involving recycling center operations; instructs inmates on proper work techniques; monitors status of work in progress; inspects completed work.
• Evaluates safety and security of work area; monitors work safety factors to ensure crew safety.
• Monitors all incoming materials to prevent acceptance of non-recyclable materials.
• Coordinates shipments of processed materials to recycling vendors.
• Operates a variety of equipment, machinery and tools used in recycling center operations.
• Maintains inventory of departmental supplies, tools and equipment.
• Disburses payment to customers as needed; maintains records.
• Transports inmates to/from work sites.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Minimum of two (2) years experience in recycling operations or a manufacturing environment is preferred. Must be able to obtain a Basic Corrections Officer Training (BCOT) Certification within one year. Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain a valid Class B Commercial Drivers License with a P endorsement within 6 months.
Long Term Disability
Incentive Pay & Longevity Pay
Free Wellness Clinic