Job: ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN III
|Job Type||Floyd County Engineering|
The purpose of this classification is to perform paraprofessional and field work relating to engineering design, computer drafting, and reviewing development plans for compliance with County ordinances and standards.
• Prepares plans, specifications, details, maps, plats and other displays for engineering projects; utilizes engineering design and drafting software;
• Reviews a variety of residential and commercial plans, plats, reports and studies for compliance with ordinances and construction standards; evaluates and assess the impact of the proposed project; makes recommendations regarding approval; makes recommendations regarding actions necessary to correct deviations or violations.
• Interprets maps and plats; prepares written legal descriptions of property; prepares and/or updates various maps utilizing CAD.
• Conducts field work; locates property boundaries and utilities.
• Drafts preliminary sketch plans, profiles and details from field notes and in-house records for construction projects; assists with the design of water, sewer, storm water, and street construction; surveys in the field to establish, locate, and/or verify existing utilities; performs calculations of field survey notes.
• Reviews, inspects, and approves driveway permit requests.
• Operates a personal computer, engineering and surveying equipment, general office or other equipment as necessary to complete essential functions, to include the use of word processing, spreadsheet, database, computer aided drafting, or other system software.
• Coordinates and maintains the County's MS4 Stormwater Permit.
Associate’s degree with course work emphasis in civil engineering and three (3) years of experience in computer mapping, manual drafting, and general engineering or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
Long Term Disability
Incentive Pay & Longevity Pay
Free Wellness Clinic