Job: EQUIPMENT OPERATOR I
|Job Type||Floyd County Public Works|
|Salary||$11.11 - $11.65|
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this job is to operate heavy equipment and perform manual work functions associated with construction, repair, and maintenance of County road systems.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: • Operates a variety of heavy equipment, machinery, and tools used in road construction, maintenance, and repair.
• Transports, loads, and unloads various equipment and materials used in projects. Performs manual work functions associated with construction, maintenance, and repair of roads and related systems.
• Performs general maintenance tasks necessary to keep machinery, equipment, and tools in good working condition.
• Monitors equipment operations to maintain efficiency and safety; reports faulty equipment.
• Prepares and/or receives various forms, reports, or other documentation; completes, processes, and/or forwards as appropriate.
• Communicates via telephone and/or two-way radio.
• Responds to routine requests for information from employees, officials, the public, or other individuals.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or G.E.D. and 6 months experience in equipment operation and road maintenance, or a related field; basic computer skills required; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia Driver’s License.
BENEFITS: Health/Major, Medical Retirement, Paid Sick,
Dental, Paid Holidays, Incentive Pay, Longevity Pay,
Long Term Disability, Paid Vacation-Annually & Wellness