Job: EQUIPMENT OPERATOR I (TEMPORARY)
|Job Type||Floyd County Public Works|
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to operate heavy equipment and perform manual work functions associated with construction, repair, and maintenance of County roads. This position is weather sensitive. 40 Hours/week are not guaranteed and typically runs from late Spring until early Fall to help cover our paving season.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: • Operates a variety of heavy equipment, machinery, and tools used in road construction, maintenance, and repair.
• Transports, loads, and unloads various equipment and materials used in projects.
• Performs manual work functions associated with construction, maintenance, and repair of roads and related systems.
• Performs general maintenance tasks necessary to keep machinery, equipment, and tools in good working condition; monitors equipment operations to maintain efficiency and safety; reports faulty equipment.
• Prepares and/or receives various forms, reports, or other documentation; completes, processes, and/or forwards as appropriate.
• Communicates via telephone and/or two-way radio; provides information; takes and relays messages; responds to requests for service.
• Responds to routine requests for information from employees, officials, the public, or other individuals.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or G.E.D. and (6) six months experience in equipment operation and road maintenance, or a related field; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia Driver’s License.