Job: EQUIPMENT OPERATOR II
|Job Type||Floyd County Public Works|
The purpose of this job is to operate commercial grade vehicles and heavy equipment to perform manual work functions associated with construction, repair, and maintenance of County road systems.
• Operates a variety of heavy equipment, machinery and tools used in road construction, maintenance and repair.
• Operates Commercial grade vehicle.
• Transports, loads, and unloads various equipment and materials used in projects.
• Performs general maintenance tasks necessary to keep machinery, equipment and tools in good working condition; monitors equipment operations to maintain efficiency and safety; reports faulty equipment.
• Prepares and/or receives various forms, reports, or other documentation; completes, processes, and/or forwards as appropriate.
• Communicates via telephone and/or two-way radio; provides information; takes and relays messages.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: .
The ability to read and write English and 6 months experience in equipment operation and road maintenance, or a related field; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. Must possess and maintain a valid commercial driver's license.
Long Term Disability
Incentive Pay & Longevity Pay
Free Wellness Clinic