Job: EQUIPMENT OPERATOR III
|Job Type||Floyd County Public Works|
The purpose of this classification is to operate medium to large track or rubber tired construction equipment with specialized functions including digging, moving earth/materials, grading, loading, paving, and other construction and maintenance tasks.
• Operates heavy equipment such as bulldozer,excavator, grader, or loader.
• Transports, loads, and unloads various equipment and materials used in projects.
• Provides direction, training, and assistance to inmates assigned to work crew.
• Performs preventive maintenance as necessary to keep machinery, equipment, and tools in good working condition.
• Monitors equipment operations to maintain efficiency and safety.
• Monitors work safety factors to ensure crew safety in high-traffic areas and work zones.
• Responds to routine requests for service and information from employees, officials, the public, or other individuals.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. and two (2) years of experience in equipment operation, road maintenance, or related field. Candidates may qualify with any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. Must possess a valid Commercial Driver’s License. Must obtain a Basic Corrections Officer Training (BCOT) certificate within one (1) year.
Paid Sick Incentive Pay & Longevity Pay
Free Wellness Clinic
Long Term Disability