|Job Type||Rome Administration|
|Government||City of Rome|
This position is responsible for protecting lives and property endangered by fire and other emergency situations such as hazardous materials leaks, etc. Suppress fires utilizing firefighting techniques such as nozzle operation, directing fire stream, and building ventilation. Respond to other emergency situations using specialized techniques as required by the emergency and as directed by the supervisor. Participate in various training activities as required by departmental and state requirements. Administer first aid and CPR as requires. Perform routine housekeeping and maintenance activities as assigned. Employees will be required to perform other job related duties as assigned.
Work Experience Requirements:
· No prior experience required to perform the basic tasks of the position.
· Ability to become skilled in techniques and procedures pertaining to firefighting principles, apparatus, tools and equipment.
· Must successfully complete all steps of the hiring process.
· Must be at least 18 years of age before the completion of Recruit School.
· Must be a citizen of the United States.
· Possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
· Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License, and not have been convicted of a DUI in the last three (3) years and/or have more than 15 points against driver’s license record.
· Successfully pass a general aptitude test (optional study guide and practice test available for purchase at https://www.applytoserve.com/Study/ ); Georgia Certified Firefighters are exempt contingent upon proof of a State of Georgia Firefighter Certificate.
· Ability to meet current requirements set forth by the National Fire Protection Association and the Georgia Firefighter Standards and Training Act.
· Comply with all current State of Georgia Firefighters Standards and Training requirements.
· Must not have been convicted of a felony in the past 10 years (from the date of conviction) or sufficient misdemeanors as to constitute a disregard for the law.
· Not be colorblind.
· Have vision correctable to 20/20 pursuant to visual acuity standards.
· Must not have been dishonorably discharged from any branch of military service.
· Must obtain National Incident Management Systems (NIMS) 100, 200, 700, and 800 within three (3) months of completion of recruit school.
· Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license of the state of residency.
- Hiring processes usually take place once or twice per year. Once you submit your application, you will be contacted when the next hiring process is started.