Job: FLEET MAINTENANCE SUPERINTENDENT
|Job Type||Public Works Division|
|Salary||$21.63 - $23.79/hour|
|Government||City of Rome|
This position is responsible for direct supervision of the repair and maintenance of all City vehicles and equipment, establishing shop procedures and supervising skilled and semi-skilled workers in shop operations and performing maintenance when needed.
· High School Degree or equivalent followed by vocational or technical training in automotive repair or fleet operations and maintenance complemented by 8 years’ experience in automotive and/or fleet. Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience, which provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this job, are acceptable as meeting the requirements for this position. Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certification helpful but not required.
· Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education.
· Proven 2-3 years progressive supervisory experience.
· Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the work of assigned staff positions to be able to answer questions and resolve problems, usually associated with three to five years of experience and supervision.
· Ability and willingness to attend training on new and/or improved equipment.
· Must have and maintain a Commercial Driver’s License (Class B) or obtain within six (6) months of employment.
· Must already possess or obtain National Incident Management Systems (NIMS) 100 and 700 within three (3) months of employment.
· Basic computer skills.
· Will be on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.