Job: FLEET MAINTENANCE TECH I
|Job Type||Public Works Division|
|Salary||$12.98 - $14.27/hour|
|Government||City of Rome|
This is an entry-level position in the Fleet Maintenance Department. The work of this position involves inspecting, providing maintenance and repair of vehicle and equipment problems and associated systems. This will include everything from its body, engines, electrical and computer systems on a wide variety of City light and heavy-duty units, equipment, small engines, and construction equipment. Also responsible for changing tires on all City light and heavy-duty units and equipment.
· High School Degree or equivalent followed by 0-1 years’ experience in general vehicle servicing and small engine repair or a related trade. Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience, which provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this job, are acceptable as meeting the requirements for this position.
· Ability to read, write and perform basic mathematical calculations.
· Interacts thoughtfully and courteously with staff and community; Acts and resolves conflict in a professional manner.
· Works effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
· Must have ability to work overtime as emergencies and departmental needs occur. Some occasions may occur with little to no notice.
· Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
· Willingness to continually learn and enhance skill sets.
· Must already possess or obtain National Incident Management Systems (NIMS) 100 and 700 within three (3) months of employment.
· Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license from state of residency.
· Commercial Driver’s License not required for entry-level position but necessary for advancement.