Job: FLEET MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN II
|Job Type||Rome Transit Department|
|Salary||$16.83 - $18.51|
|Government||City of Rome|
This is an intermediate level position in the Transit Department. The work of this position involves performing a variety of technical maintenance and major repair tasks associated with the Transit’s Department buses, other department vehicles, and equipment. This will include everything from its body, engines, electrical and computer systems on Transit vehicles. It also is responsible for changing tires on company vehicles and buses, fueling, and cleaning buses and vehicles, as needed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
· High School Degree or equivalent followed by vocational training complemented by 2-3 years’ experience in general vehicle servicing and small engine repair or a related trade. Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience, which provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this job, are acceptable as meeting the requirements for this position. Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certification helpful, but not required.
· Must be familiar with all aspects of vehicle operation and must understand the functions of the major components and systems.
· Must be competent at using service and maintenance tools and equipment, and be familiar with different lubricants and service parts specifically made for different makes of mechanical equipment.
· Must be able to read and comprehend documents and instruction manuals and have good analytical skills to diagnose problems and make decisions about the most suitable repairs.
· Must have good interpersonal skills to discuss vehicle problems and solutions with equipment operators or drivers.
· Must be self-motivated, energetic and results oriented.
· Must be able to perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner.
· Position requires on-call availability according to departmental schedule. Employee is compensated for status.
· Must have ability to work overtime as emergencies and departmental needs occur. Some occasions may occur with little to no notice.
· Willingness to continually learn and enhance skill sets.
· Must possess or be able to obtain National Incident Management Systems (NIMS) 100 and 700 within three (3) months of employment.
· Commercial Driver’s license is required with a Passenger Endorsement within 6 months of hire in order to perform duties of a bus operator.