Job: GYMNASTICS TEAM COACH
|Job Type||Rome Floyd Parks and Recreation Authority|
The purpose of this classification is to coach team gymnasts at a competitive level and create effective learning plans for proper progression of competitive gymnasts.
• Provides training, direction, encouragement, motivation, and nutritional advice to prepare athletes for competitive events.
• Explains and demonstrates the use of sports and training equipment such as trampolines, weights, and similar equipment.
• Evaluates athletes' skills and reviews performance records to determine their fitness and potential.
• Adjusts coaching techniques based on the strengths and weaknesses of athletes.
• Monitors athletes use of equipment to ensure safe and proper use.
The ability to read and write at a 10th grade level and six (6) months experience in gymnastics, cheerleading, or related field.
PREFERRED: Experience working with children of all ages.