Job: HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR I, II, or III - STREET DEPT(CDL REQUIRED)
|Job Type||Streets & Drainage Department|
|Salary||$12.30 - $15.48 - DOQ|
|Government||City of Rome|
This position is responsible for operating various heavy equipment used in maintenance and repair of right-of-ways and drainage systems such as bulldozer, backhoe, mini-excavator, front-end loader, paving machine, and various rollers.
HEO I & II
· High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
· Must be capable in the operation and maintenance of bulldozer, backhoe, mini-excavator , front-end loader, paving machine, and various rollers.
· Ability to read, write and perform basic mathematical calculations.
· Ability to perform physical labor in adverse and inclement weather conditions.
· Must possess and maintain a Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
· Must be able to perform duties independently or as a team player.
· Must be able to work well with others and take directions from assigned supervisors.
· Must be able to perform work accurately, safety, and complete tasks in a timely manner.
· Must already possess or obtain National Incident Management Systems (NIMS) 100 and 700 within three (3) months of employment.
· Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license from state of residency.
Position may require:
· Road Flagging Certificate;
· Trench and Excavation Certificate;
· Confined Space Certificate;
· Work Zone Traffic Safety Certification.
· All requirements of HEO I & II
Must possess and maintain a Class A Commercial Driver’s License