Job: HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (WATER & SEWER)
|Job Type||Rome Water & Sewer|
|Salary||$12.30 - $13.53|
|Government||City of Rome|
This position is an entry level position and is responsible for the physical labor involved in operating and maintaining the water and sewer system. This position is also involved in operating and maintaining light to heavy equipment used to construct, set, install, repair, and service water and sewer lines. As an entry level position most tasks will be performed on the ground/manual labor and not necessarily in equipment.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be capable in the operation and maintenance of a dump truck, tractor, bobcat, and other light construction equipment such as jack hammer, compactor, saw cutter, etc.
- Ability to read, write and perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position.
- Ability to perform physical labor.
- Subject to on-call rotation, emergency call-back and overtime; possible shift rotation during emergency events.
- Must be able to report to work promptly and regularly.
- Must be able to work well with others and take directions from assigned supervisors.
- Must be able to perform work accurately, safely, and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License in the state of residency.
- Promotion eligibility: must be able to obtain and maintain a Class A Commercial Driver’s License; must complete a California State University, Sacramento (CSUS) (Collections/Distribution) Course; and be capable of operating and maintaining heavy construction equipment such as vac/jet truck, backhoe, and hydraulic tamping equipment.
- Must obtain National Incident Management Systems (NIMS) 100 and 700 within three (3) months of employment.