Job: HUMAN RESOURCES TECHNICIAN
|Job Type||Floyd County Human Resources|
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to provide operational and administrative support to the Human Resources Department in a variety of specialty areas, including, employment, compensation, payroll, benefits and training .
This register will be used to fill both temporary and permanent positions for the life of this register.
ESSNTIAL FUNCTIONS: • Creates, maintains, and processes a variety of personnel documents.
• Prepares payroll and processes payroll checks through direct deposit process.
• Calculates and responds to requests for garnishments and levies.
• Processes all payroll data and edit sheets.
• Assists internal and external auditors by preparing financial documents and schedules.
• Prepares and balances required bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
• Prepares W-2 forms, federal, state, and other payroll related reports; submits reports to the appropriate agencies.
• Provides administrative support for the Human Resources Department .
• Assembles and edits data for surveys, special reports, and questionnaires.
• Monitors, inputs, and verifies personnel data in computer system for various HR functions.
• Prepares and responds to census requests.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or G.E.D. and three years of experience in payroll processing, accounts payable, or any human resources technical support functions. Candidates may qualify with any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
Preferred: Proficiency with payroll software systems.
BENEFITS: Health/Major Medical, Retirement, Paid Sick,
Dental, Paid Holidays, Incentive Pay, Longevity Pay,
Long Term Disability, Paid Vacation-Annually & Wellness