Job: JAIL OFFICER
|Job Type||Floyd County Sheriff's Office|
|Salary||$13.93 - $14.62|
The purpose of this classification is to provide and maintain security, safety, care and control of inmates, detention facility, and facility equipment.
• Supervises and controls inmates within institution.
• Maintains security of institution and grounds, including observing and searching for contraband.
• Supervises inmate activities.
• Assists in dispensing medication to inmates.
• Settles disputes between inmates.
• Assists in inmate counts.
• Checks doors for security; inspects for unusual, illegal, or unsafe activity and emergencies.
• Conducts shakedowns to seize contraband material and weapons.
• Assists in processing inmates in and out.
• Directs work of trustees; operates lock systems.
• Takes custody of new inmate arrivals, escorts inmates to various parts of the jail facility, conducts GCIC/NCIC check on arrestee, inputs data and retrieves intelligence information from the computer system.
• Insures each inmate has appropriate bedding, linen, personal hygiene items, food, and sanitation items.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Must possess a valid driver's license, be at least 18 years of age, no state or federal convictions punishable by imprisonment in federal or state prisons, and no misdemeanor convictions sufficient to establish a pattern of disregard for the law. Must have no convictions of Family Violence Crimes. Must attain and maintain P.O.S.T. Basic Jail Officer Certification within six (6) months of hire.
Incentive Pay & Longevity Pay
Free Wellness Clinic
Long Term Disability