Job: METER READER
|Job Type||Floyd County Water|
|Salary||$11.74 - $12.33|
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to perform work functions associated with reading water meters, recording water usage data, activating/terminating water service and performing manual work functions associated with construction, repair and maintenance of the County Water System.
ESSENITAL FUNCTIONS: • Locates and reads residential, commercial and industrial water meters on an assigned route.
• Records water meter data utilizing portable computer and visual meter reading device to read electronic meters; records data and confirms readings.
• Terminates water service.
• Activates/re-activates water service.
• Checks meters for accurate readings and proper operations.
• Performs general maintenance on water meters and meter boxes.
• Repairs/replaces meter boxes and lids.
• Operates and maintains vehicle used in performance of job.
• Receives payments from water customers; forwards to cashier for processing; assists with collecting on unpaid accounts as needed.
• Provides information and/or assistance to customers concerning water meter issues; notifies customers of leaks, responds to requests for service.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or G.E.D. and any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for the job. Most possess and maintain a valid Georgia Driver's License.
BENEFITS: Health/Major Medical, Retirement, Paid Sick,
Dental, Paid Holidays, Incentive Pay, Longevity Pay,
Long Term Disability, Paid Vacation-Annually & Wellness