Job: NON-CERT & CERTIFIED PATROL OFFICER
|Job Type||Floyd County Police|
|Salary||$14.94 - $16.46|
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to protect life and property, to respond to the needs of the general public, to deter criminal activity within the community, to enforce all County statutes, ordinances and the laws and regulations of the State, and to perform investigations, special details, and specific assignments.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: • Maintains high visibility by patrolling assigned area, County streets, parks, neighborhoods, and businesses to ensure security.
• Performs surveillance of problem locations and criminal suspects.
• Investigates reported crimes; interviews and obtains statements from victims, witnesses, suspects, and confidential informants.
• Processes crime scenes; gathers, prepares, and submits evidence to crime lab.
• Obtains warrants, performs various types of search operations, and locates missing persons.
• Responds to dispatched communications, mediates disputes and advises rights.
• Responds to accident calls.
• Gathers information at the accident scene; investigates and reconstructs serious injury or fatal accidents.
• Investigates accidents; notifies next-of-kin as necessary.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: No prior law enforcement experience or training is necessary. Only highly motivated candidates need apply. Applicants must meet all requirements in O.C.G.A. 35-8-8. High School Diploma or G.E.D. required. Must be at least 21 years of age and a U.S. Citizen. Must possess a valid Georgia Driver’s License with good driver’s history. Must possess or be capable of the following: qualify with a firearm; demonstrate good driving skills in order to qualify on the Emergency Vehicle driving course at Basic Mandate. Possess report writing skills.
BENEFITS: Health/Major Medical, Retirement, Paid Sick,
Dental, Paid Holidays, Incentive Pay, Longevity Pay,
Long Term Disability, Paid Vacation-Annually & Wellness