Job: OPERATIONS DIRECTOR
|Job Type||Rome Water & Sewer|
|Salary||$60,000 - $66,000|
|Government||City of Rome|
This management position is responsible for directing and managing the work of the water and sewer systems as it relates to service, construction and flood control systems. This position assists the Director and Assistant Director as needed.
· Experience sufficient to understand the diverse objectives and functions of the subunits in the division/ department in order to direct and coordinate work within the division/department. Minimum 5 years supervisory experience.
· Ability to obtain an Associate Degree/Bachelor Degree in a related field at the expense of the Division within 5 years.
· Ability to obtain a State of Georgia Operators license in Water Distribution and Waste Water Collection within 2 years.
· Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, Outlook and Internet).
· Must be a team player and possess good oral and written communication skills.
· Must be able to compile data and prepare reports.
· Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license in the state of residency.
· Must already possess or obtain National Incident Management Systems (NIMS) 100, 200, 700 and 800 within three (3) months of employment and obtain 300 and 400 when made available.
· Ability to operate equipment such as jet truck, backhoe, dozier, etc.
· Possess a Class A CDL License.
· Possess five or more years of supervisory construction experience preferably in the water and sewer utility industry.
· Possession of a State of Georgia Operators license in Water Distribution and Waste Water Collection
· Bachelors or Masters degree in Civil Engineering or other related area of study.