Job: PARKING AMBASSADOR - FULL TIME
|Job Type||Downtown Parking|
|Salary||$13.36 - $14.69|
This position is responsible for parking patrol and monitoring of on-street spaces in the downtown area, the parking decks and the city managed rental lots. The employee will be a front-line City contact for merchants, property owners, residents, and visitors downtown.
• High School Diploma or GED Equivalent, Associates Degree preferred.
• Sufficient experience to thoroughly understand the major duties of the position usually associated with two to three years’ experience or service in a customer service role.
• Knowledge of the downtown corridor preferred.
• Must possess the ability to exercise judgment, decisiveness and creativity when required in unexpected situations and carry out tasks independently.
• Possess effective problem-solving skills and must have excellent administrative and interpersonal skills.
• Must possess general knowledge of automated systems, hardware and software with the ability to troubleshoot issues with integration or technology equipment including the tablet, computer, and license plate reader.
• Must be an excellent communicator and be able to build a rapport with citizens, visitors, and downtown merchants and stakeholders.
• Must already possess or obtain National Incident Management Systems (NIMS) 100 and 700 within three (3) months of employment.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license from state of residency.