Job: PARKING DECK SECURITY OFFICER - PT
|Job Type||Rome Downtown Development Authority|
|Government||City of Rome|
This position is responsible for ensuring the rules governing the downtown parking decks and lots are followed and report any suspicious activities when necessary to the local authorities. The Security Officer will also monitor and respond to any alarms or issues. Serve as a visual deterrent to theft and dangerous incidents and to aid in the safety and protection of customer vehicles and persons in the parking areas. Serves as a role model and demonstrates the Departments and City core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion, and safety of self and others.
· High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
· Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having a similar position for one to two years.
· Must possess basic computer knowledge.
· Must possess a friendly demeanor, work well with people, and possess a leadership personality.
· Knowledge of geographical layout of the City; particularly the Downtown area.
· Must already possess or obtain National Incident Management Systems (NIMS) 100 and 700 within three (3) months of employment.
· Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license from state of residency.