Job: POLICE OFFICER (CERTIFIED/NON-CERTIFIED)
|Job Type||Rome Police Department|
|Salary||$15.3847 - $16.3462|
|Government||City of Rome|
The work of this position involves the enforcement of federal, state and local laws and the protection of life and property.
- Must be at least 21 years of age prior to graduating from Mandate School.
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Must be a high school graduate or possess a GED.
- Incentive pay is available for 30+ college hours.
- Ability to distinguish between colors and have vision correctable to 20/20 pursuant to visual acuity standards; able to perform the essential responsibilities/functions of the position; not have used marijuana or misused prescription drugs in the last three years or used any illegal drug other than marijuana in the last seven years.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony, or sufficient misdemeanors as to constitute a disregard for the law or have a domestic violence violation charge.
- Must not have been dishonorably discharged from any branch of military service.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License, and not have been convicted of a DUI in the last three (3) years and no more than 15 points against driver’s license.
- Pass the Compass or Asset Exam at applicant’s own expense with the ability to meet current Georgia Police Officer Standards and Training Council (GPSTC) requirements. May substitute ACT or SAT test scores. Note: the Compass, Asset, Accuplacer, ACT or SAT Exam scores are required by GPSTC. Additional information is attached.
- Must be free from physical, emotional, or mental conditions which might adversely affect your exercise of the powers or duties of a peace officer; as determined by a doctor.
- Must be able to work 10-12 hour night shifts, weekend shifts, and holiday shifts.
*Re-application: Applicants who are disqualified during the hiring process will be notified whether they are eligible to reapply in the future. If no disqualifications are identified, most applicants will be immediately eligible for future openings or hiring processes. A new application may be required to be submitted during the stated dates.