Job: RECORDS SUPERVISOR
|Job Type||Rome Police Department|
|Salary||$14.42 - $15.86|
|Government||City of Rome|
Under the direction of the Support Services Major, this position supervises and coordinates the administrative day-to-day activities of the Records Division. This position also supervises and participates in workflow, productivity, and training of employees in Records. The Supervisor plans, organizes, and manages daily and long term projects. They are the first line supervisor who handles problems and complaints from the public and other agencies in an effort to correct deficiencies and implement corrective actions or enforce disciplinary procedures within the division. The Supervisor must demonstrate the ability to serve the judiciary, legal community, public in general and fellow employees with honesty and integrity.
• Associates Degree from an accredited two-year college, university, or technical college in business administration or related field; supplemented by three to five years’ experience involving the management of records or related field, some of which should be in a lead role or supervisory capacity. (Municipal experience preferred.)
• Must pass polygraph exam.
• Must have working knowledge of state and federal laws, traffic laws, and Public Information and Privacy Act, G.C.I.C./N.C.I.C. rules and regulations, and City ordinances.
• Must possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to deal effectively with a diverse group of people and situations.
• Must be detailed oriented, a multi-tasker, team player, and perform employee matters in a confidential manner.
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is desired.
• Professional level of confidentiality in handling employee information.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license in state of residency.
• Must obtain National Incident Management Systems (NIMS) 100, 200, and 700 within three (3) months of employment.