Job: SCHOOL CROSSING GUARD
|Job Type||Rome Police Department|
|Government||City of Rome|
M-F; 3 hours daily/15 hours weekly during school months (9 months); off during
summer (3 months). Part-Time. Nonexempt.
This position is responsible for directing children across city streets and ensuring that no harm comes to them while crossing at designated locations. This position is also responsible for training members of the School Safety Patrol in the proper performance of their duties. School crossing guards shall complete other duties as assigned by the School Crossing Supervisor.
• Must read and write at a level commonly with high school diploma or GED.
• Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time, often in inclement weather.
• Must be able to use accurate judgement of traffic flow, speed and direction of travel.
• Must be able to use independent judgement in the safe crossing of children.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license from state of residency.
• Must already possess or obtain National Incident Management Systems (NIMS) 100 and 700 within three (3) months of employment.