Job: SENIOR DEPUTY COURT CLERK
|Job Type||Magistrate Court|
|Salary||$14.29 - $15.75|
The purpose of this position is to perform clerical work functions associated with processing/maintaining information, documentation, and records; responding to requests for information related to the Magistrate Court.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: • Supervises, directs and evaluates assigned staff.
• Processes and files all garnishments.
• Processes garnishments, dispossessories, subpoenas, court notices, invoices, or other documents.
• Records and/or transcribes dictation or other data.
• Prepares civil court calendar; schedules hearings for civil cases.
• Attends court; assists judges with court activities; identifies exhibits entered as evidence; maintains records of court proceedings.
• Assists individuals in filing of suits, garnishments, and dispossessories.
• Receives monies in payment of fines, garnishments, civil cases, special funds, or other departmental fees or services; records transactions; issues receipts.
• Receives, opens, and distributes incoming mail; prepares outgoing mail.
• Prepares older case files for removal to Records Retention Center.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or G.E.D. and (6) six months of experience in clerical/general office work or related field; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
PREFERRED: One year supervisory experience.
BENEFITS: Health/Major Medical
Incentive Pay & Longevity Pay
Long Term Disability