Job: SPORTS COORDINATOR
|Job Type||Rome Floyd Parks and Recreation Authority|
This position is responsible for developing, planning, organizing, and supervising a variety of athletic programs for Rome Floyd Parks and Recreation.
• Plans, organizes, and coordinates a diversified program of sports and special events; contracts with associations to schedule umpires and other officials for event.
• Develops and coordinates player and coaching clinics and training sessions; assures that programs offered are consistent with department goals; conducts program evaluations upon completion.
• Recruits, trains, supervise, and evaluate officials, part-time personnel, and volunteers.
• Provides information about programs for brochures, pamphlets, and newspaper articles; makes presentations to community organizations.
• Coordinates all-star team events including selecting players and coaches, hosting tournaments, and traveling to out-of- town events.
• Recruits, trains and supervises game officials for all recreational sports.
• Coordinates with community and civic organizations concerning special athletic events; inventories equipment; prepares bids for equipment purchases.
• Prepares all required paperwork and reports including activities reports, program and usage reports, and expenditure reports.
Bachelor's degree in Recreation, Physical Education or closely related field and one (1) year of experience as a sports coordinator or related experience.
Long Term Disability
Incentive Pay & Longevity Pay
Free Wellness Clinic