Job: SPORTS COORDINATOR
|Job Type||Rome Floyd Parks and Recreation Authority|
|Salary||$16.22 - $17.88|
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for developing, planning, organizing, and supervising a variety of athletic programs for Rome Floyd Parks and Recreation Department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: • Plans, organizes, and coordinates a diversified program of sports and special events; contracts with associations to schedule umpires and other officials for event.
• Develops and coordinates player and coaching clinics and training sessions; assures that programs offered are consistent with department goals; conducts program evaluations upon completion.
• Recruits, trains, supervise, and evaluate officials, part-time personnel, and volunteers.
• Provides information about programs for brochures, pamphlets, and newspaper articles; makes presentations to community organizations.
• Coordinates all-star team events including selecting players and coaches, hosting tournaments, and traveling to out-of- town events.
• Recruits, trains and supervises game officials for all recreational sports.
• Coordinates with community and civic organizations concerning special athletic events; inventories equipment; prepares bids for equipment purchases.
• Prepares all required paperwork and reports including activities reports, program and usage reports, and expenditure reports.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or G.E.D and 6 months of experience as a sports coordinator or related experience.
BENEFITS: Health/Major Medical, Retirement, Paid Sick,
Dental, Paid Holidays, Incentive Pay, Longevity Pay,
Long Term Disability, Paid Vacation-Annually & Wellness