Job: SURVEY PARTY CHIEF
|Job Type||Floyd County Engineering|
|Salary||$14.94 - $16.46|
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this classification is to perform supervisory/technical work functions associated with engineering and surveying of County property and roads.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: • Supervises and directs assigned staff; coordinates daily work activities; organizes, prioritizes, and assigns work.
• Monitors status of work in progress and inspects completed work and consults with assigned staff.
• Assists with complex/problem situations; provides technical expertise.
• Uses survey equipment to determine precise location and measurements of points, elevations, lines, areas, and contours.
• Marks points of measurement; measures distance between survey points; places stakes at designated points and drives stakes into ground.
• Cuts/clears brush and trees from line of survey; maintains records.
• Performs inspections of subdivisions to ensure compliance with established guidelines and regulations; reviews and signs new plats for properties prior to recording.
• Assigns County property numbers and house numbers; verifies addresses for the Census Bureau; maps new roads for Census.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or G.E.D. and supplemented by two (2) years of experience in instrument operation and land surveying or related field; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia Driver's License.
BENEFITS: Health/Major Medical, Retirement, Paid Sick,
Dental, Paid Holidays, Incentive Pay, Longevity Pay,
Long Term Disability, Paid Vacation-Annually & Wellness