Job: TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT SPECIALIST
|Job Type||Rome Administration|
|Salary||$14.42 - $15.86/hour|
|Government||City of Rome|
Under general supervision, installs and maintains workstations, printers, and other technology applications according to established specifications. Upgrades operating systems and application software. Troubleshoots problems and provides frontline user assistance and training. Determines technology needs of internal and external users and recommends solutions to meet their needs. Maintains current hardware and software records.
· Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training the field of work or basic skills typically associated with an associate’s degree.
· Requires a minimum of two (2) years full-time work experience providing software and hardware technical assistance to users, of which, one (1) year must have included experience repairing and maintaining PCs and providing technical phone support in a help desk environment.
· Must already possess or obtain National Incident Management Systems (NIMS) 100 and 700 within three (3) months of employment.
· May be required to work outside of normal business hours; in the evening or weekends, or on-call/call back for emergencies.
· Travel may be required to user worksites and to obtain additional training when needed.
· Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license from state of residency.
Preferred qualifications for the position include :
• A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, i-Net+ certifications
• Associates Degree in Computer Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
• Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technicians (MCDSTs)
• Experience in communication equipment such as phone systems, cellular and digital communication, and wireless networking.