Job: WAREHOUSE ASSISTANT
|Job Type||Floyd County Public Works|
The purpose of this classification is to perform administrative/clerical work functions associated with providing support to the Public Works Department.
• Processes a variety of documentation associated with departmental operations, per established procedures, and within designated time frames; distributes documentation or maintains records as appropriate.
• Processes documentation related to department payroll; reviews time sheets for accuracy; reviews/monitors attendance records to identify potential problems/trends.
• Compiles and/or tracks various administrative and/or statistical data pertaining to departmental operations; makes applicable calculations; prepares or generates reports; maintains records.
• Calculates/prepares cost estimates for department projects and forwards as appropriate.
• Composes/prepares and/or receives various forms, reports, correspondence, work orders, or other documents; reviews, completes, processes, forwards, maintains, and/or takes other action as appropriate.
• Responds to complaints and questions related to department operations, to include providing information, researching problems, initiating telephone calls, distributes incoming mail and prepares outgoing mail.
• Prepares departmental files; sorts/organizes documents to be filed.
• Maintains file system of departmental records.
High school diploma or G.E.D. and one year experience in secretarial work or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
Long Term Disability
Incentive Pay & Longevity Pay
Free Wellness Clinic