Job: WATER OPERATOR
|Job Type||Rome Water & Sewer|
|Salary||$14.66 - $20.10|
|Government||City of Rome|
This position is responsible for assisting in the safe and efficient operation of Rome’s Water Treatment Facility (WTF) on an assigned shift that includes weekends, holidays, 12 hour shifts, and subject to assigned overtime.
• Must possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent and be able to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a high school or equivalent level.
• Experience sufficient to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprentice/internship or having had a similar position for one to three years.
• Must possess and maintain or have the ability to obtain a Georgia Water Operator Class III certification within one year of employment.
• Must be a team player and possess good oral and written communication skills.
• Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License in the state of residency.
• Must obtain National Incident Management Systems (NIMS) 100 and 700 within three (3) months of employment.