Job: WATER PLANT OPERATOR
|Job Type||Floyd County Water|
The purpose of this classification is to perform specialized/technical work functions associated with water treatment plant operations and maintenance.
• Controls water treatment plant processes and equipment per established procedures to purify/clarify water for human consumption
• Performs a variety of physical, chemical, and bacteriological tests to determine the chemical consumption of water, to control quality, and to ensure the compliance with Federal and State regulations
• Monitors, operates, and calibrates various pumps used to regulate water flow, pressure, and tank levels
• Takes readings from assorted meters/gauges; reads, interprets, and records a variety of data
• Performs maintenance/repair tasks related to plant operations
• Maintains inventory of department chemicals, supplies, tools, and equipment;
• Maintains logs and records of test results, meter readings, chemical applications, and other data.
High School Diploma or GED and one year of experience in Water Plant Operations or a related field; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. Must possess and maintain a valid Class III Water Plant Operator Certification. Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License.
Incentive Pay & Longevity Pay
Free Wellness Clinic
Long Term Disability