Job: WRF OPERATOR TRAINEE
|Job Type||Rome Water & Sewer|
|Salary||$14.66 - $16.13/hour|
|Government||City of Rome|
This position is responsible for accepting and understanding the training, and development of the skills necessary for the processing of wastewater through a sewage treatment plant. This position is an internship for Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator (WWTP).
· High School Diploma or GED with the ability to read, write and perform wastewater mathematical calculations. Biology or chemistry classes helpful.
· Must be able to obtain a State of Georgia Class III Wastewater Operator license within 12 months of employment.
· Basic computer skills.
· Must be able to work weekends, holidays and assigned shifts (day, evening, night or fill-in).
· Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license within the state of residency.
· Must obtain National Incident Management Systems (NIMS) 100 and 700 within three (3) months of employment.